The Most Ven. Prof. Dr. Phra Dharmakosajarn, Rector of Mahachulalongkornrajavidyalaya University states that at present the MCU has setup the IABU (the International Association of Buddhist Universities) following the resolution made at the conference of international Buddhists on Visakapuja Day, the internationally important day of the world in 2550.
The office is to be located at MCU and there are over 80 Buddhist universities worldwide as the members.
At the conference the Rector of MCU was appointed as the Chairman of the IABU and China, Japan and Vietnam as Vice Chairmen of the Association.
Thereafter, the Head Office of IABU appointed Phramahahansa Dhammahaso (Nitibunyakorn), Assistant to Rector for Academic Affairs (Pali VI, B.A., M.A., Ph.D.) as the Director and at the same time to set up a website www.iabu.org so that the members can coordinate the activities.
And between September 13-15, 2551 high-level executives from over 80 international Buddhist universities worldwide will come to participate in the conference to be held at the Kalyani Ordination Hall in the middle of the lake in Wangnoi, Ayutthaya.
The duty of the IABU is as follows :
1. to support the Members and facilitate collaboration and cross-fertilization between them, so that all humanity can benefit from the richness and variety of the multinational Buddhist tradition; and, to that end,
2. to provide a framework within which the Members can:
3. better understand each others policies and activities and be better understood regionally and internationally;
4. collaborate in administration, teaching, research and outreach;
5. recognize each others qualifications
Source : Daily News, June 26, 2551
Information : Public Relations and Propagation